Entertainment law requires both business advice and legal services. Los Angeles entertainment law attorneys are well versed in labor law, contracts, privacy issues, intellectual property, negotiation, and litigation as well as having an intimate knowledge of the entertainment industry.
Clients need help with the creation and protection of their intellectual property. They need their privacy protected.They need contracts prepared or reviewed that protect them from litigation. When litigation is required, they need experienced and knowledgeable legal representation by attorneys who will always act in their best interest.
Our Los Angeles entertainment law attorneys at Hilaire McGriff PC help clients in all creative disciplines.
Our range of services
- Working with actors and their agents in contract negotiations.
- Assisting in all areas of music publishing, media relations, television, and film producing.
- Broadcast licensing and regulatory matters.
- Lease and rental agreements for theaters.
- Advertising and commercial endeavors.
- Publishing, including author agreements and matters relating to copyright law.
- Enforcement of all intellectual property rights including protection and infringement litigation.
- Privacy rights.
- Defamation, slander, and libel.
- Distribution agreements and issues.
- Multi-media matters, including video game development.
- Media relationships in general.
- Preparation and enforcement of sponsorship agreements.
- Formation of a business.
- Business contracts, both drafting and reviewing.
- Censorship issues.
- Confidentiality agreements.
- Insurance coverage and related law.
- Tax issues.
- Assist with real estate transactions.
- Secure rights to use the intellectual property of others.
Categories of clients we represent
If you are involved in any type of creative endeavor in the entertainment field, our LA entertainment law attorneys can help. Some of the categories of clients we represent include, but is not limited to:
- Designers, including clothes designers, set designers, production designers and others.
- Distribution companies.
- Production companies.
- Artists of all genres.
We place a high value on building relationships with our clients. In addition to preparing all necessary paperwork, negotiating and litigating when necessary, we often take an active part in building an entertainer’s career. Whatever stage you are at in your career, we can help. Whether you are just starting out or are seasoned in the business, we know what to do and always act in your best interest.
There are a number of benefits to having an establish relationship with your entertainment attorney. Sometimes, you encounter unexpected problems. If you need assistance with bankruptcy, tax issues or even dealing with the criminal justice system, if we cannot help you, we will certainly know an experienced attorney in the relevant field who will provide you the best possible service.
We understand the entertainment business. We often notice issues before our clients do and work hard and do our best to prevent litigation.